André Castaybert is an experienced commercial litigator. His experience as a commercial trial and appellate lawyer spans two and a half decades. André is experienced in all phases of civil litigation and has litigated many matters from inception and through discovery, trial and appeal. He has litigated commercial matters involving a host of different areas of the law and involving a wide variety of industries.
- Financial, Corporate and Banking: André has represented high net worth individuals, investors and financial institutions in matters involving major banks, hedge funds and broker-dealers. He has litigated diverse claims, including margin and prime broker agreements, fraud and breach of fiduciary duty, bank deposits, money laundering and indenture compliance.
- Insurance Recovery: André has represented policyholders in matters of officer and director liability, commercial property damage, employee practices liability and financial guaranty and credit risk insurance.
- Employment: André has represented both executives and companies in disputes involving the enforcement of non-compete, confidentiality and non-solicitation agreements, and has advised both individuals and corporations on employment and severance agreements.
- Intellectual Property: André has represented clients in the pharmaceutical, fashion, toy, music and sports industries. He has litigated a wide variety of intellectual property matters, including licensing distribution and royalty agreements, copyright, trademark, trade secret protection and enforcement and unfair competition claims.
- International Litigation and Arbitration: André has particular experience representing foreign individuals and companies in matters in the United States and in international arbitration. He is fluent in French and has represented many French clients, as well as clients and witnesses around the world.
André started his career in New York City at the international law firm of Proskauer Rose LLP. He worked there for twenty years in the Litigation and Dispute Resolution Department on a wide range of commercial disputes. These included disputes in the Federal courts across the United States, in the New York State courts and in domestic and international arbitration. He has also been counsel to several highly regarded boutique business litigation firms in New York City and in Westchester County, providing cost-effective business litigation solutions to high net worth individuals, mid-sized companies, and to Fortune 500 companies.